Friday, March 31, 2006

Post Season Mardi Gras....!

So, tomorrow night is another gathering of the La Femme Nikitas....And this time, the theme is Mardi Gras!
Karla is our hostess this time. And I have to get a new battery for my digital camera because I gotta take pictures of this one! And of course - I will be happy to share them. We've been tasked to make our own masks for this - so as I haven't had any time this week to make one, I'll be scrambling tomorrow! I've got some great ideas, but just hoping I can find all the right parts. Absolutely - think "fou fou" meets Christina Aguilera.

Kidding....it's only a mask for goodness sake!!!
Or is it......?

While there will be beads - there will be no flashing, clearly.
(Ben, sorry to dissapoint you! I know the scenarios you've got going around in your head right now!!)

I'm bringing the Jamabalya - but I'm not sure what else is on the menu - outside of alcohol - of course!

More to come soon....

7 comments:

Big Ben said...

WOW, your really know me. I had a Mardi Gras/Eyes Wide Shut thing going on in my head and I liked it, oh benny liked it!

bigwhitehat said...

You can do so much better than sausage and taters. Try doing a nice crawfish etouffee. You will be far happier with a wow factor.

Bougie Black Boy said...

La Femme Nikitas?!?!

Didn't you read my blog titled by that? ? ? So so so disturbing... We must come up with another name for y'all.

If you dont know what i'm talkin about, read my previous post.

Hope things are going well. Enjoy the weather

Rebecca said...

Stephen - OH that's riot - I forgot you named your post the same thing. :( Hmmm. I've been calling us La Femme Nikitas for a while now. I'm going to have to come up with another fun name. Any suggestions??? ;)

Zane - Sausage and Taters??? I make it with chirizo and shrimp....My own little variation of a theme! ;)

Dale - Thank you!!! And I totally remember the Seinfeld episode!!! ;) NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Hale McKay said...

Sounds like a great time. Jumbalaya!

clew said...

Ay-yi-yi. I need to move to Boston and invite myself to these soirees!

clew said...

p.s. I was thinking the same thing - Seinfeld ... Jum-ba-LAYA!