Saturday, March 11, 2006

Bordeaux, Malbec, Shiraz, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Uchizy & Eiswein

Tonight, one of the "Amys" from work is having a wine party.
And I - am hosting it.

It's been an interesting past couple of days. I got to play Domestic Supergoddess yet again, because my sitter wasn't able to work Wed - Friday of this week. With the New England weather cooperating and appearing to be a lamb - the kids and I have had some serious fun! Wednesday we went to the Children's Museum in Boston. I'd never been there before, but definitely plan on going back. It's funny - I'm so jaded to being in Boston all the time, I usually take the kids to places outside of downtown. But it's well worth going... I don't remember much of Thursday - oh wait - just a little shopping. Nothing spectacular.

Yesterday, we went to Cracker Barrell for breakfast. Love, love, love it there! This Yankee girl loves Southern cooking - and to find out that there is a restaurant near me that I can actually get grits and biscuits with apple butter and gravy - hold me back!!!! Then of course we were outside playing all day, which is just so good. It's been a long time since we've been able to actually work up a sweat outside. The sun is gorgeous - we actually shut the heat off because it was 68 outside and the house was too warm!

Today is just some of the same.... going to a playground, having a picnic for lunch....warm baths for the kiddies - and then I'm off to host some wine drinking. So, sorry if I haven't visited - I've been thinking of you, just won't be able to visit until Sunday. :)

Cheers!

6 comments:

Alison Rose said...

I love Cracker Barrel, too! And it's not just the grits and gravy--the pancakes are wonderful, especially with the Montmorency Cherry Topping, made with whole, tart cherries. Mmmm...

Glad you had a good week!

Cheryl said...

This all sounds SO nice. Wine party, Children's Museum. I so love Boston--I really have to get My Boy there. Maybe right before 5th Grade when he studies the American Revolution. Funny you have picnic weather there. We have snow on the hills in So Cal. Strange reversal, yes?

clew said...

Oh man. I could eat their potato casserole every day. Every MEAL. We have CB right near our house (a real perk when we moved) it's packed all the time.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. We were able to enjoy the warm weather too a little bit despite our illness over here.

*** said...

Glad you enjoyed last week! I don't know that the weather will be so kind this week. We have freezing temperatures and snow and it just may be heading your way. Look out!

Mellissa said...

O.K., NOW you did it!! I totally LOVE Cracker Barrel (biscuits and sawmill gravy) and now I am craving it...

Oh, and don't you love it when Spring starts tapping us on the shoulder to come out and play.

I am beginning to get Spring fever in the worst way.

Glad you had a wonderful Saturday!!

Mel