Thursday, March 23, 2006

Meet Timmy...


This, is not the real Timmy. But a very good representation thereof.

The day before yesterday, my husband took my son out for "Boys Day". While they were waiting to see "The Shaggy Dog", they ventured into the pet store at the mall.

I got a phone call shortly thereafter saying "Mommy - can I get a hamster? Please.......?". Of course - I had to say yes.

I'm so glad my children took after my love of animals.

So, we have this very, very affectionate baby blonde teddy bear hamster named "Timmy". He loves to come and sniff your nose when you peer into the cage, and in the two and a half short days that we've had him, he's grown to love little hands (and big hands) reaching in to pat him while he runs on his wheel. This morning, he even climbed into my hand and sat there.

He's got such kind eyes, and is so gentle - which hamsters are not always so agreeable to being handled. And my son is just thrilled - as is my daughter.

So now, our menagerie is Brandy the Jack Russell; Rocky Marciano Crusher the Betta; and Timmy the Hamster.

I think we should be good for now!

12 comments:

joy said...

Hi Rebecca , cute toothy timmy.

joy said...

Is it o.k. with you, if I also put you on my links?

clew said...

*SQUEAL!*

Teddybear hamsters are the CUTEST!!

chesneygirl said...

AAAAAAAAWW!!!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

My daughter has gone thru the same course with her three girls, only they have gone one better and have a cockateal that is nearly ten years old. Now they have only three cats and the teal.... hampsters dogs and fish have gone to pet heaven.

Rebecca said...

Joy - Absolutely! Thank you. :)

Hi Gemma -
Thanks for stopping by! :) Pets are wonderful for children; the only downside is that their life span is so short.

Mellissa said...

Maybe I should get a hampster as a "brother" for Maggie ;-)

xoxo and will be thiking of you for my massage day on Sunday (wink)!!

Mel

Bougie Black Boy said...

Thats one thing I'm glad about--that my parents allowed us to learn responsibility by getting pets while we were young. Great write-up.

have a great weekend.

Wendi said...

Hi, I've been reading your blog for a while now, just havent commented yet. I bought my daughter a hamster for Christmas and a week later we had 6 baby hamsters!!!!! Apparently the male(?)hamster they sold us was a female and pregnant!!!

Oh by the way, I'll be listening for you on Monday night! I'm also from the Boston area.

~Wendi

Rebecca said...

Hi Wendi -
Thanks for coming by! Feel free to comment any time. :) I'll stop by your site too!

Jennifer said...

Hey Girl! Snagged your hamster pic to describe a boy :) I know, I know...pathetic. But if you look at the pic of him, you'll get it :) I also put a link to your blog in my entry, hope that's ok!

Alison Rose said...

Congratulations on your new pet, Rebecca! We love our guinea pigs, Jennie and Alice, and I know you'll love your Timmy!