Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Me... I'm a part of your Circle of Friends...

Do I stress you out...My sweater is on backwards and inside out....And you say how appropriate
I don't want to dissect everything you say....I don't mean to pick you apart you see.....But I can't help it - Alanis Morrisette

I spit, I spit in the eye....I tear, I tear out my heart and I scatter the bits....
I stay unseen by the light....I stay untold by the truth
I'm sold by a lie....
By this I am able in all of my travels
To make these memories quit
But tonight I clearly recall ....every little bit - Patty Griffin

I am extraordinary, if you'd ever get to know me...I am extraordinary, I am just your ordinary...Average every day sane psychoSupergoddess - Liz Phair

'Cause it makes me that much stronger....Makes me work a little bit harder....It makes me that much wiser....So thanks for making me a fighter...Made me learn a little bit faster....Made my skin a little bit thicker....Makes me that much smarter....So thanks for making me a fighter! - Christina Aguilera

She can kill with a smile....She can wound with her eyes....And she can ruin your faith with her casual lies....And she only reveals what she wants you to see....She hides like a child.....But she's always a woman to me - Billy Joel

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah, these are sort of "personal anthems" from time to time.

Mr Fab: Our girl Edie Brickell was in the title... surprised you didn't pick up on that! ;) I am quite eclectic in my musical selections. I love it all....

Jax - Hey sistah - glad you were able to come by! I know you've been busy! :) Wish I could concert hop with you....

Laura - I love Billy Joel - I wish I knew, he was just playing here in Boston a few weeks ago. I would've loved ot have seen him. Have you ever seen his show? It's supposed to be amazing....

*** said...

She's got a way about her, don't know what it is...

Anonymous said...

You have a poetic way and sense of the Word.

Michelle said...

Very creative. At least maybe now I'll get the Little House in the Prairie theme out of my head. LOL

Bougie Black Boy said...

Several things....
First, looking at your picture, reading your profile about how you do all the "girly girly" things, I would normally not have believed you knew these lyrics or appreciated them.

Goes to show you that we can't judge a book, eh?

The lyrics are diabolical. Especially Alanis, whom I love; and feel is one of the best lyricists known. Her words are raw, real and unremorseful.

Rebecca said...

Hey Naive - Glad I could help! ;)

Stephen - I'm drawn to lyricists... sort of the way I'm drawn to you and other artistic bloggers. I have such an admiration for storytellers, and musicians who can put into words what most of us think in our heads - but can't quite say so poetically - or as beautifully raw -- in person. And I've always been drawn to the darker side of music and life. Yes, I'm very girlie girlie - but as the last line in the words I posted are "she only reveals what she wants you to see....". I have many personal anthems, and they're all on the edgier side.

Eric D - Thanks for stopping in and for your kind words. ;)

Kristi - That's one of his greatest love songs. Ever.

Fantastagirl said...

I love that Billy Joel song... actually I like a lot of his songs..

bigwhitehat said...

I see Philbert is harassing my friends again. Just delete him. This time he went to the Apple store in Van Nuys to comment. Pretty soon I'll have the greater Los Angeles area banned.

clew said...

Rebecca, you're about the coolest girl in the whole school. Will you come to my slumber party? And bring your records with you? I'll french braid your hair!

Rebecca said...

Philbert Suggs - Clearly, you've read the book "how to make friends and influence people". I think you like my little blog, and just don't know how to come out and say it nicely. It's okay. We all know that boys that like certain girls tend to pull their hair. ;)

BWH: hahaha, No worries, I don't mind our little friend visiting at all. :)

Laura: Cute!!! I can totally picture it. ;) My son would love to join in w/ you guys - he's so like that too. I always think people are laughing at us on the highway because we're just singing our little heads off. ;)

Clew: hahaha, OMG, you had me cracking up. ABSOLUTELY! And it's a must that we have chinese food. ;)

Big Ben said...

I love that Billy Joel song as well.

because I was in uptown Saint John this week I kept singing 'uptown girl'

Queenmatrai said...

She'll cut you with a knife and laugh while you're bleeding....

Fabulous

Now where is my God damn Billy Joel CD...

noojes