Monday, March 13, 2006

"You're one in a million you've got that shotgun shine..."

It finally arrived....
The debut of this Season Six of "The Sopranos".

And while the rumors surrounding the show led me to think it was going to be a more shocking episode - it was very good none the less. I wish it didn't take 21 months in between seasons, but hey - what can you do.

I'm so looking forward to the return of all of my favorite shows....Entourage should be back soon, as well as Deadwood - hopefully this summer Rome will make an appearance, and I'm thinking Curb your Enthusiasm should be back soon as well.

HBO was smart - they debuted a new show after the Sopranos last night. It's called Big Love. Its about "back hill Mormon" polygamy and how a "family" of three wives, 9 children and one husband survive (or don't?) in middle America. There's a whole backstory of how they've moved away from the compound in which they lived prior to moving to suburbia - and how the church is chasing them for some 15% mandatory cut that they feel they're being shorted on. It's actually pretty good. While I don't love the actors that are in it (Bill Paxton, Jeannie Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigny), I found it pretty interesting. I think that despite the oddness of their circumstances, I'm going to enjoy their storylines. HBO is always so gritty - and I really like that.

Even still, the last thing I want to see is Bill Paxton's "little guy" flopping around in all his nakedness. Can't he just wear "whitey tighties"???? Gross....

8 comments:

Bougie Black Boy said...

you're a Soprano fan too, i see...
I need to get HBO. . . dang... hope things are going well with you.

bigwhitehat said...

I'm going to quote my wife on this one.
"Ewww!"

Fantastagirl said...

We are such huge Soprano fans in this house...had to record it, so that we could watch it together... (and that way I could still watch the housewives...)

Big Ben said...

I don't get HBO, but if there are full frontal nude shots of Bill Paxton than I'm glad I don't.

Jerrster said...

hey reb...all's cool I did miss ya, yet
we show up as we can....love your stuff...always have...I'm a big fan you know that... let's share some "fou fou" and have a good laugh...cheers...shweet!

Michelle said...

Bill Paxton's "little guy" flopping around

I'll have that visual all day now - thanks!

clew said...

My coworker was listening to Soprano answertones on line yesterday. One of them said "What'd I tell you about calling me here? Dis beddah be GOOD!"

Cracked me up.

*** said...

Huh, that's so funny you mentioned those three programs. I requested the first season of each (The Sopranos, Entourage and Deadwood) from the library. I'm hoping at least one comes in by the time I have my foot surgery at the end of the month. I'm going to need it!