Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Not 10, not 20 - but over 40 Minutes ON AIR!

Last night, the radio show went really well. I had so much fun!

And we didn't talk just wine - nor did we really focus on the products I brought, which was actually pretty interesting. We talked about everything from the wines that were there, to the neighborhood - to being a working mom! It was really nice, and it took all the pressure off of my having to control the flow of conversation - which is normally what I have to do at tastings. Actually, I was afraid that I'd say too much - because I'm so used to controlling the conversation!


They told us afterwards they definitely want to bring us back on, were we flexible?
Am I flexible??? Absolutely!

Are you kidding me? I'm sending a thank you note this morning - with some potential ideas for future shows!

My husband actually talked quite a bit as well, which was such a surprise because he was adamant that he didn't want to be on air...but he loosened up and had a good time as well. I don't know that he'll do it again - I may go on my own - but I'm glad he gave it a shot!

The experience made me wistful for the career path I didn't follow. "I so should do that for a living...." was the first thing I thought as I walked out the door. I went to college intially for broadcasting - specifically sportscasting, hockey play by play - but broadcasting was the focus none the less.

You never know what the future holds though.
My toe might be in the door, just a crack...

11 comments:

*** said...

Sweet, how fun! Sorry I missed it! But maybe I'll get to tune in if you go national someday! :)

bigwhitehat said...

Don't go overboard. My major was Mass Communications. I don't work in that industry because I like feeding my family.

clew said...

My dad worked in radio and then television broadcasting ... just make sure you're cool with giving up celebrating holidays on their calendar day! :( But I bet you'd be great, woman!

Rebecca said...

Hey all -
Sigh...a girl can only dream. :)

I cant pursue that as a FT job career any longer, but I could do maybe a once a week show or something. AM radio is far more flexible than FM. ;) I would love to do a daily show someday...like a morning show or something? I could handle the 6-10 shift! ;)

Nunzia said...

that is so awesome! Congratulations!

Martie said...

Don't ever give up your dreams, girl! If it's something you want bad enough, you will find a way to make it happen. I have confidence in you and I don't even know you except through your writing! Hang in there!!

Mellissa said...

Rebecca,

So glad to hear that it went well. However, we (your readers) had no doubt that you would "wow" them - just like you do us!!

Quite the woman about town arent you ;-)

Love and hugs!!

Mellissa

Big Ben said...

You should be a sideline reporter, joe Namath would try to kiss you.

Cheryl said...

That's so exciting! I missed the webcast, so I hope you'll be on again soon so I can listen.

Michelle said...

Yay for you! I'm so happy you had a good time. And that toe might just be holding the door open until the time is right.

Good job sis!

JC said...

Sure why not? It's not forbidden by the law is it? Lots of possibility lays ahead of you: take it! (When that time comes, let me know if it can be listened through internet ;))