Friday, April 29, 2011

What's going on....what's going on....Hey what's going on....

I'm really, really, really happy it's Friday.

I had a great run around the lake today after work. It was gorgeous outside - and it was the perfect way to de-stress from the week. Not that I had an overly stressful week, but just the normal day-to-day kinds of things that might make a girl need to exert some energy.

Love my little IPod Shuffle. It shuffles much better than my older IPod does; and I'm finding some songs that I forgot I had, that I love to run to. Songs like "Cowboy" by Kid Rock, "Somewhere in Time" Iron Maiden, "Slave for you" Britney Spears, "Magic Man" Heart, and "Metalingus" Alter Bridge - just to name a few. Sometimes slower songs like "Heat of the Moment" by Asia are great too, they keep me better paced at times. I definitely have an eclectic mix from Metallica to Christina Aguilera - and everything in between. It helps keep me motivated for sure.

Still a little stressed about the house situation. We have a showing tomorrow, so we shall see. I had just really hoped we'd have already had a closing date at this point.....even the kids are over the point of being sad about moving and excited about the new house; they're actually at a point where they're like "you mean we might NOT get that house?!?!". We're all sort of hanging with bated breath at this point.

And truthfully, I'm all set with keeping the house pristine all the time. I mean, I always do -- but it's stressful knowing that you have to keep it that way as opposed to just wanting to. I just want to be done with it, you know what I mean?

We have a wedding on Sunday...an afternoon affair so I didn't go crazy with the dress; it is adorable though, I really like it. I had it taken it a little since it was too big, so hopefully it will look cute. Now to find the right pair of shoes....well, that's what tomorrow is for.

Tonight is for watching the rest of the NFL Draft, Sons of Anarchy Season 2 finale (I thought I was going to watch it the other night but didn't....no spoilers please) and probably some baseball. My pillow is actually calling my name right now, truth be told. But I've got little people to attend to, so that isn't about to happen.

Have a fabulous weekend whatever you do - and I hope it is filled with laughter & love.

No comments: