Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow....

So, for the last few weeks I've been following the online persona of the new girl in Jason's life. (enter long silence HERE.)

Okay. So, I have to say I'm very, very, very surprised. She's not quite the person I'd have thought he would've attached himself to. Of course the caveat that I'm going to use for the following rant is that 1.) I don't know Jason personally, and 2.) I don't know this girl personally either. So the observations I'm making are based strictly upon 1.) the persona that she is putting out there and 2.) my perception of how I think he is, which of course is based on nothing other than...my perception.

I am shocked to see that he would be involved with someone who uses his name as if it was a clothing accessory. Seemingly a name dropper, flashy showy party type of person -- I rather thought he would err on the side of discretion for someone he wanted to be involved with. Someone who might keep their relationship special and private, rather than a party for everyone to go to. And a rather snarky party at that.

But then again - who's to say this person is someone serious in his life? Maybe she is just that -- a little fun, nothing too serious so no big deal. I mean, there's something refreshing about a girl who puts it all out there; at the same time, isn't there something to be said about having just a little decorum in your online personality? I might be a little too uptight about things, but I'm sorry -- I'm nobody, and I don't swear or say crass things online because you just don't know who's going to see it -- and, I'm not crass or vulgar anyway, but that's just me. But, if I was in the public eye by my own doing -- or by association, as in this case -- I'd be that much more careful with my words. Call it uptight - call it class, you choose.

I think one of the things that I love about him (aside from the obvious) is that he was married to his college girlfriend, and is Dad to three little girls. He's always been so very private and that to me just makes him seem so much more "normal" than some of these people who live the wild party life when they're "celebrity athletes". As much as I "love"him, I was really sad when I heard he was getting divorced; you don't want to see anyone who's got a family life have it fall apart -and I really hope he finds someone he can share his life with again.

Who knows - maybe that girl is it.
But my God, this girl really hopes that it isn't.

No comments: