Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Mashup....

1. Today was my first run after my first run two weeks ago. Fortunately, my sinus infection is gone and today was the first time I was able to run. And I felt great! 3.5 miles in 37 minutes - not bad considering, roughly a 10 minute mile. I'm not running the lake tomorrow, I'm going to do the 3.5 mile course of the race my town does every year, just to shake it up a bit. Hopefully my time will improve a little bit more each day. I used to do a 9 minute mile comfortably, and under than if I was in a race - so I'd like to get back to that again. In time, it will happen....

2. I am so overdue for a pick me up. Thursday I have an appointment for a highlight, and I need it badly. Just a little pick me up for Spring. We have a wedding on Sunday and I have yet to find a dress for it, but maybe a little pick me up of my hair will inspire me to find a fun Spring dress. Everything I have is either for winter or summer - nothing in between.

3. Can't wait for Christina's new show tomorrow. "The Voice" debuts tomorrow and it sounds like a really fun concept. I'm hopeful that this show will be a good boost to her struggling persona - and hopefully I will get to see her sing a little. Love, love, love her.

4. Have I mentioned how much I need to go shopping? Truly, I do. I have no fun summer shoes, and while I have a ton of summer clothes they're mostly for the office - relatively dressy. I'm still trying to find the right mix of things for every day (well, days that I'm not unloading trucks...). I still have yet to take a day and do some fun shopping and hopefully I will make the time to do it this summmer. Because this girl is need of some retail therapy....oh, yeah....

5. The "I'm just a girl" kids. Just a shot of us from Easter... we had a lovely day, and I have to tell you that Princess Petunia's dress was just stunning - and the picture truly does it no justice. A big, beautiful dress that I hope she has the opportunity to wear at least one more time.

No comments: