Monday, May 02, 2011

The devil you know...versus the one you don't.

I awoke this morning to the news of our arch nemesis' death at the hands of our military.
I wonder if I'm alone in feeling....anti-climatic about it.
Almost as if it's come a tad too late.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's gone.

Though I have to say, I'm not quite sure why they weren't able to do this a long time ago. But I'm not in the inner circles of our government, so I don't have insight as to why he wasn't killed sooner. Though I've never considered myself a conspiracy theorist - I have always believed that he was being kept alive for a reason - and that our government was not killing him for reasons unbeknownst to us.

(Dear Mr. Leader of Pakistan: Um, you're kidding me, right?)

And since we're on the topic of conspiracy theories, truthfully -- I'm shocked we have no photographs of said dead terrorist. I mean, we literally watched Saddam Hussein's death - and photographs of his corpse were circulated immediately. And yet....we have nothing of our dearly departed Bin Laden. Weird, right? Something about this just doesn't feel right....

I'm not saying he isn't dead; I'm just saying that maybe it didn't happen quite the way or at the time we were informed.

It was amazing to watch NYC celebrate....they deserve that, they need it -- they were devasted beyond anything that we can comprehend.

But to see the college kids in Boston "partying" until 3am about it sort of made me scratch my head a bit. The average college student was 10 years old at the time of the tragedy. I'm not really sure about the actual emotion of the news versus the wanting to celebrate something....jump onto some sort of bandwagon -- or as one student quipped on tv, not wanting to "miss the best party of the year". Hmmm. Not exactly my emotion about it, but - okay.

So here's the thing. Were we better off with a weak, sickly, poorly funded and not as well "staffed" Al Quieda with Osama in charge; someone who has hidden in the shadows for years and once a year like TuPac Shakur seemingly comes out with a new "tape" for us to see and prove he's still around. Or are we better off now with a potentially angry and possibly now hungry-- leader that we have yet to see if he has the ability to recruit other angry people for the cause.

I just don't know.

No comments: