Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sitting in the morning sun...I'll be sitting when the evening comes.

I'm sitting here on my back deck for the first time in years..... having a cup of coffee, watching the pollen float around me as well as the kids playing basketball in the driveway.

I don't have a patio set anymore; I used to have one of those plastic green sets that we all see everywhere - it was a "temporary" one until we got a nice one. But, G gave it away, and I never bought that nice one - because we don't really have much of a backyard so to sit on the deck for us - wasn't a huge deal. Well, to G it isn't - but it is to me. I love sitting outside and relaxing like this. I keep saying I'm going to get another set, and yet.....here I sit on a kitchen chair.

It's still nice though.

Part of the reasoning behind why we want so badly to have a nice backyard that's private, with an area that I can sit out and watch the kids play in. I've come to the conclusion that there are some things in a new house that I won't compromise on - and outdoor living space is one of them. I really, really, really want a screenroom or sunporch. And I never really noticed how many homes actually have one - until we started looking. So whether we buy existing, or build - I see outdoor living spaces in our future.

We did look at a house that we loved; it wasn't the perfect layout but it didn't matter - it was a fantastic whole picture. A little too high priced for what it is though....so we'll have to lay in wait and see if they lower the price. We could make an offer, but I don't know how motivated they are at the moment. Plus - it would be a relocation effort which is a bigger move in general. Our goal is to stay local...and so we're looking into the possibility of building.

The good thing is, we are moving for the right reasons - and not because we have to. And if it takes a little while for us to find the right fit - so be it. And yes, in case you're wondering.....the house we love, love, love that we had under agreement fell through. It's been a frustrating few weeks.

But that's okay....everything happens for a reason, and we will find a good fit that we will love coming home to, playing and living in.

No comments: