Thursday, September 09, 2010

Pahk the Cahr in Bahstan Yahd....

So, I'm watching the making of "The Town", which looks like it's going to be pretty good.

But I have to tell you, if there's one accent people shouldn't attempt - it's a Boston accent. So very few get it right.
Even Ben Affleck who lived here for a while can't quite get it down; he sounds more of a native Bostonian during his interviews than in the film, which is odd.

We don't really sound like those horrible fake accents; we don't speak quite so flatly.
I don't have the accent any more, at least not on a regular basis. But it comes out from time to time - especially if I'm really happy or excited about something.

Because then, you know - I'd be wicked psyched.

1 comment:

jenandmolly said...

Ugh - no kidding....let me add one to that list being a Maine girl...the Downeast accent! I HATE it when people try to mimic it. I've never heard someone from away get it right! Makes me nuts!