Saturday, September 11, 2010

"Let's roll..." Todd Beamer

Hard to believe yet another year has gone by since the tragedy of 9/11.

It's true that time heals all wounds; it's not nearly as raw of a remembrance as it was even just a few years ago. But it still has an awing impact on me, whenever I see footage of that morning. It takes my breath away every time.

Fortunately, the American spirit is strong and we bounced back far quicker than I think the perpetrators of our innocence that day had planned on. Though we easily divide on topics and people that govern our country, we always unite when others prey upon us.

I am proud to be an American; and I know that I'm fortunate and blessed to have been born here with all the freedoms and liberties that come with it.

I thought this was a little less than traditional but certainly appropo video to share for today. Budweiser, though no longer an American company - will always stand for Americana and tradition. This commerical which aired only once, was a lovely and simple tribute that I thought everyone might enjoy.

No comments: