Thursday, September 02, 2010

Kindness of a Stranger, Pt.2

Last year, I wrote a post about the kindess of a stranger who took a liking to watching myself & my daughter eating dinner at a Chinese restaurant during one of our "girl's nights" - and paid for our dinner. Anonymously, quietly and with no strings attached. (I'd link to the post yet for some reason, I can't find it. But I digress...)


When we were in Manhattan, we were having breakfast and our private food delivery person extraordinaire (not sure for the appropo, political name for waitstaff would be? I like this one far better!) took a liking to Princess Petunia - and her little stuffed animal Connie, whom I don't think I've blogged about. Let's see exhibit "C" for Connie, shall we?

So, long story short - our lovely friend at the restaurant offered to send Princess Petunia a doll that she might use to replace Connie the Cow, who clearly has been very well loved. (And well travelled, might I add...)


And you know what?
He did.

Via FedEx today to the store, our kind and thoughtful benefactor sent us a doll for Princess Petunia to love.



And, she does.


So the moral to the story is this: sometimes, there is more kindness to be found in a stranger than in those who are in our day to day lives; it doesn't take much to make another person smile -- and I don't know who came up with the theory that New Yorkers are rude. Because every single one I've ever met who are legitimately from the Big Apple - are good people.

Maybe New Yorkers & Bostonian's aren't too different after all... ?

No comments: