Saturday, July 25, 2009

Do mosquitos really serve a purpose????

Okay, so I know that all creatures on this Earth serve a purpose. There is a chain of life, natural selection - and the general balance.

But mosquitos? I'm not really feeling the love for them, nor understanding what their purpose in life is.

We had a lovely day today - at the pool with all the cousins and we're all completely sundrenched - but not so much so that we can't enjoy a day at our favorite beach tomorrow. It's unfortunate that we've had so few days like this all summer - it was really, picture perfect. But let me tell you, by 8:45 those little nasty bugs were all over the place, tiki lamps and citronella did nothing.

I literally have mosquito bites on my behind! I swear they were underneath the chair and diving up. It was the craziest thing! And what is their point??? To suck my blood -- there must be some other meaning for mosquitos to be on this earth other than to be food for bats, praying mantis and others. Because truly - that's not a good enough reason for this girl.

Mmmmkay. According to Wiki, Yahoo and other sites - they're also for population control because they carry communicable diseases that are deadly. Well isn't that just a happy little thought?

I'm all for extermination of the buggers. There's plenty of other bugs to go around for the creatures that eat them.
*she says, scratching....*

1 comment:

Suldog said...

I'm with you. I generally leave bugs alone. I even carry them outside when I find them inside, rather than stepping on them. I figure if they aren't hurting me, why should I hurt them? Mosquitoes, though? Screw them. They wish to do me harm, so *SLAP* and see you later, buggy!