Monday, July 20, 2009

Red tape... double sided tape...sticky electrical tape...flypaper...superglue on a piece of paper... whatever sticks!!

I would think that after working for the federal government for 16 years, I'd be well schooled in the lesson of bureacracy; mmmmyeah -not so much actually. Because it still came as a total and complete surprise to me that even after we went to the individual departments in city hall weeks ago to find out the processes we need to go through and do them all in the proper order -- no one gave us the right information. Or that there is no transparency between the departments. Or that there is any clarity in any one department regarding policy.

Seriously?!? Seriously....!!

Even more fun, is finding out that the government didn't submit a piece of paperwork correctly so our application is postponed from being approved this week. Which means the closing for Thursday could potentially be postponed. Which means the cooler which really needs to be ordered can't be ordered yet because I am no way fronting that large of an amount of money; oh no, the bank is going to pay that one. (I'm a little skeptical of the timliness on the fund allocation so they can front that rather than my chasing them on it.) But I'm going to play the role of optomist in thinking we can still close if I can get the ABCC to put on paper that there is nothing short of the commission stamping the paperwork to prevent us receiving the license. (Insert deep sigh HERE.) Oh, did I mention this little detail of the bank's attorney requiring paper work that three attorneys thus far have deemed to be "over the top and unnecessary" for this kind of a closing and yet..... so, add attorney bill to the ever changing budget. (Insert additional deep sigh HERE.)

Okay, so what's the good news?
Well.

I got my Blackberry Tour today. And, I'm totally digging it. Tomorrow will be the test, I've got a heavily scheduled day and I'm curious to see the functionality of the calendaring.

Also....our landlord in Boston, made the first honest and seemingly legitimate reach out to us in regards to buying the building. (Where was he 6 months ago??? We wouldn't have necessarily done this business thing just yet; it could've waited until we settled the building. Everything happens for a reason though, right?) Well, good news is -- we can start the lines of communication and keep them in progress until we're ready to do it. That would be the most optimal situation and so I'm going to be courting him into being reasonable in pricing over the next few months.

Am I having fun yet??
You betcha.

No comments: