Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wonderings of Wednesday.....

I worked in the Boston store today - and let me tell you, though we were indoors -- it was great to actually see the sunshine outside through the windows!

1. What a change in the landscape of Boston sports radio. With WBCN now going to an all sports platform, I learned that WEEI is going to be going through all sorts of major changes. We met with a sales rep from WEEI for some pricing on radio spots to promote the new store, and we heard that Felger is leaving the station! I'm sure many more changes will be happening as well, but that sort of surprised me. And -- Mix 98.5 is going to be moving to 104.1, and vice versa. How's that for a change of scenery?

2. Justin Masterson walked by the store today. Funny thing is, he's not super recognizable. He looks very different outside of uniform, as opposed to someone like Paps or Mike Lowell who is noticeable everywhere. I thought that was an interesting observation.

3. Last night we did not watch the All Star Game much. (Shocking, I know...) And truthfully, I'm glad I didn't because I think it's rude that Joe Maddon didn't let Wake throw even one pitch. Seriously, what are the chances of the guy being selected to go again -- it was down right mean actually.

4. We did however, watch an amazing movie. We watched Schindler's List -- which I only saw once when it first came out. We happened to see it was starting and it just lures you in to watch. It's a sad commentary of that time in humanity, but what a fabulous movie. Of course, the ending when you see the actual survivors gets me every time -- but the truth of the matter is, despite the darkness of the subject matter, how often do you see a movie that truly evokes emotion? There have been plenty of movies about the Holocaust and key people involved (Valkyrie being one that had potential to be excellent and was just okay....) that fall rather flat in their delivery and content. But Schindlers List was absolutely outstanding.

5. While yesterday was a little sad and unsettling for me -- today was the exact opposite. Yeah, I got over that pretty quickly. I'm sure it will come and go, but I had a great time at the store - and I've got so much work ahead of me to get ready for the second store -- and still so much to learn, I'm looking forward to the challenge of learning. I've been yearning for the challenge of learning so working is actually fun for me.

I'm a crazy girl, I know....

No comments: