Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Goodnight sweetheart, well it's time to go....I hate to leave you, but I really must say -- Goodnight, sweetheart, goodnight.

It's funny actually.
I've been waiting for this day for so long -- and now it's here and I feel rather sad.
It feels like I'm leaving home.

This is where I've spent most of my adult life; I've been working on base since I was 22, and while there have been offices that have been not the best - or companies that have come and gone -- the base itself and collegiate environment has always been the same -- and what I truly have enjoyed. Knowing that what I did actually meant something and had value to others whom I didn't necessarily see -- was always meaningful to me.

But like any good family, when you leave and spread your wings, you know that if need be - you can always come back. And I know that is true for me here.

And now, it's time to focus on the future....
Let the adventure begin.

3 comments:

TheDreadedGug said...

Congratulations,Rebecca. Leaving a job is scary, but starting something new is always exciting. You are entering Shakespeare's 'undiscovered country": the future! You will rock at whatever you do.

Michael :)

Suldog said...

Best of luck, and God bless, Rebecca! Make 'em feel like Seattle does concerning the Tek trade :-)

Rebecca said...

Thanks guys!! It's been busy and a little overwhelming - but I'm excited. :)