Thursday, July 09, 2009

Anticipation, it's making me wait....

"What if you knew that you could reach your goal by taking just one more step? Would you take that step?

At some point in the process of achievement, the final hurdle is reached. What a shame it would be to stop just short of that one last obstacle. Achievement does not require extraordinary ability. Achievement comes from ordinary abilities applied with extraordinary persistence.

You already know you can do what it takes. To reach any goal, simply do what it takes for as long as it takes.

It's really not that difficult to take just one step, to do just a single task, to make one bit of progress. And if you can do it once, you can do it again, and again, and again without much problem. " - Ralph Marston

There's so much that goes on consecutively with a buildout -- I had no idea, and it's rather frustrating that I can't control and orchestrate it all myself. It's driving G crazy too; we're both rather Type A's, though we specialize in different areas.

But it is exciting, and it is fun -- and I can't wait to dedicate my full attention to it. I accomplish as much as I can from my desk at work, but there's limitations with that.

I got my first shipment of fun entertainment/hostess items yesterday, and notification this morning of my first shipment of glasses being sent as well. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when I saw the boxes. It took all I had not to open them immediately -- but I didn't. I waited, and just checked to make sure nothing was broken or missing.

It's starting to feel real now....

No comments: