Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cause it's "one, two, three strikes....you're out" at the old, ball game.

So it's been some time since I've really blogged about baseball.

I'm not all that jazzed up about this trade season because I don't know that there's anyone that I really would love to see on the team right now. I'm not convinced the Halladay is going anywhere this season, especially after announcing he's going to be a free agent in 2010. I personally don't see Bucholz being a long term Sox and had been thinking he's trade bait, however...I'm not sure that a deal for the pitcher is going to happen from the Nation now.

(Side tidbit, I literally left the store an hour ago --as I'm writing this, the phone rings and it's G telling me that Mark Kotsay just came in a few minutes ago and bought a lovely bottle of wine. Such a fun surprise for G working behind the counter...)

The only other person I think is a viable score is Victor Martinez; but I'm not entirely convinced hat is going to happen either. John Henry via Twitter - made reference to the fact of not expecting bombshell trades (not verbatim - it's something similar to that). Truth of the matter is, I don't know there's anyone out there that would cause a bombshell reaction of either coming to Boston - or being traded away. (Outside of course, the Captain for me -- whom I think we can assume is safe.)

I think after the whole Manny debaucle and the emotions of last year, just about everything else will now pale in comparison. At least for a little while...

No comments: