Monday, March 02, 2009

In like a lion -- out like a lamb?

Well, we at least know the first half is correct. And truthfully, I'm alright with this phrase, so long as someone can guarantee me that this is the last time we'll have to look at the white stuff this season.

Which brings me to Lent. Still struggling on what to sacrfice. Though truthfully, I've sacrificed enough over the last year that I'm thinking I deserve a little indulgence this season. Just sayin'....

So, I'm home being Domestic Supergoddess, doing what I do best on these days -- which is cooking. So far, I've made lemon poppy muffins - and sandwiches with hot cocoa made with milk for the kiddies after coming inside from playing. I've got home made chocolate chip cookie dough made so I can make cookies in a bit. I've got a beautiful rib eye roast marinating in the oven -- presliced, might I add. I scored this 6lb roast pre sliced at my local market. For a score of a price! Now, why is it when I want to make a roast during the holidays I have to pay through my nose for it? But I digress....I've got that marinated and waiting to be cooked, along with roasted potatoes, asparagus and salad.

Did I mention I like to cook on snow days?


Your Snow Test Says You're Independent



You feel like something good will happen to you in the next few months.



You have an amazingly strong work ethic. You are likely to be very successful in life.



You are an independent, individualistic person. You thrive when you're doing your own thing.



Your biggest worry in your life is your financial security. You think about money a lot.



When it comes time to relax, you always go the extra mile. You take relaxing as seriously as anything else in life.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

I always enjoyed John Belushi's take on it: "March comes in like a lion, and goes out like a different lion."