Friday, February 27, 2009

Chicks were born to give you fever...Be it fair and have a sense of game

It could not be any prettier here in Boston for the 27th of February.
60 degrees, and feeling like Spring.
(Or like Spring Training?)
I swear, I could smell pollen in the air.

Okay, so maybe I'm a bit over enthusiastic about the day but it just makes me feel alive after always feeling so huddled with the cold. I'm trying to ignore the weather reports that in a mere 24 hours we'll be subjected to another snow storm.

Even the bugs are feeling it. I came into work this morning to discover calamity abound in the breakroom. Seems that cockroaches overtook the cabinet spaces - and didn't even feel the need to hide from the bright daylight shining in the room. So while I'm no longer in a building that smells like sour ass (Yes, Felger - you and Ms. Malone are not alone...and I do believe that I'm the one who coined that phrase regarding the work space. Just sayin'...) I am however in a building that apparently has an infestation of the lovely North American variety of cockroach. Not a huge surprise, yet disgusting none the less. And also a lovely reminder as to why I should never, ever consume anything from that room again. So apparently, even bugs are feeling a little Spring Fever.

I actually stopped at HomeGoods during lunch for a very quick run through to get some ideas for storage for glasses and linens, etc. for a possible new store location. Found some beautiful display items for a song - but hesitated on buying them since we're not a green light yet. I have very definite ideas on what I want to do for a register as well as tasting bar, so these things would be perfect for those areas. But now isn't the time. I did find a beautiful display option that I love, but it's something that I think is relatively common enough that I can purchase it - or a variation of the theme - as we get closer.

Plans on tap for the weekend is total business. (That is busy-ness, as opposed to business.) Tonight, we are going to the Home Show and then out for dinner; Saturday day, I have yet to find an adventure for the kiddies and I to go on, but I'm looking.... Saturday night, we have dinner plans for sushi at one of my favorite restaurants. Sunday, I'm supposed to have a friend visit during the day - but the weather may hinder that, and it may be a day spent focusing on layout and design of the new space.

But for now, I'm going to enjoy the weather -- drive home with my sun roof open and windows down, and refuse to buy into the concept that we're still in the middle of winter.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

First spring training games have come and here's a day that feels like that should be so. Lovely.

Hale McKay said...

I'm thankful for those few nice days here and there. I'm sure tired of looking at ice and those exhaust-tinted mounds of snow on the sidewalks and front yards.

I'm sure you were happy Tek sighned. (Me too.)

Into the Celts now - what a team! He looked ok in his first game, and I hope Marbury accepts the team concept the rest of the season and thru the playoffs.

I hope all is well with you and yours.

WOW! Verification letters:
"soxier."