Thursday, February 12, 2009

I just called, to say....I love you.

So this girl is making a switch soon from the traditional cellphone, to a Blackberry.

I know, I know -- everyone and their Mother says the IPhone rocks, but here's my dilemma: I love, love, love Verizon. I'm a VIP since we've been with them since the beginning, my plan is great - and you can't beat the service. I never lose calls or have bad spots. So, I'm exceptionally hesitant to change providers. This being said....

I really want to get the Blackberry Storm. Not only is it touch screen -- but what I love best, is the capability to turn the phone sideways and have my keyboard be horizontal as well. (My current Samsung cell phone is fabulous because it's thin, doesn't slide up - and has the sideways keyboard. It's a must have. But I digress...) The Storm seems to be using the same technology my handy dandy new Nikon camera is using. And I've got to be honest...love it!

However...it's gotten mixed reviews. Most of the complaints have been about the keyboard and not accessing the keys correctly. But I'm wondering if my having nails helps this any? I've got to be honest, I have no problems with my camera. It seems though, most Storm naysayers opt for the Bold.

And the time has come on for me to move to a more powerful tool, if you will. I want calendaring, scheduling and phone. I've got to be honest - Facebook 24/7 isn't going to hurt me either. But that's not the driving force....my life is. I'm far too busy to be winging it any longer, and I just forget things sometimes.

So I'm asking you, out there in the blogosphere for some insight.

Storm vs. Bold
What are your experiences?
What do you like and don't like about each.
Thanks!

(Oh, and "Happy Pitchers & Catchers Reporting" Day!)

5 comments:

chesneygirl said...

Sorry, I don't know anything about either of these but I have heard complaints about the touchscreen phones from peoples with long/acrylic nails ...they don't go together. Just what I've HEARD.

You can have Facebook on your phone now???? Uh oh! I might need to look into getting a new phone! :)

Keith said...

ok..i'm a good one to ask..I got the storm on day one for the same reason as you...I wanted an IPHONE but heard AT&T sucks..The phone was awful for the first week or so b/c the firmware had some bugs...they had un upgrade pretty quick...
I went from the Moto "Q" to the Storm...The touch screen does take some getting used to. When i text i always use the horizontal mode b/c its a real keyboard which i really like. In landscape mode its either "Suretype" which i can't get a hang of and Multi tap..
The email is great...Internet is very good but you run into the usual "Java" issues from time to time and clicking on the screen can take some getting used to...I have the FACEBOOK app and it works great...I do like the LED light too that you recieve when you get either a email...text or Facebook note...that works well...calender is good...one problem i've had with mine is something is wrong with the mic that picks up my voice...I sound all muffled and its going back..works good with bluetooth..comes with a pretty good sized memoory stick that if you know what you are doing you can put music and movies on....This is a phone that is coming with more updates as well..so i'd give it a B plus....,
i'm on Facebook under Keith Stephens ....and a total FB addict...hope this helps...

Susan said...

I've heard nothing but bad things about the Storm. NOTHING.

I'm an iPhone girl...I've wanted one ever since they announced the first model but wasn't eligible for an upgrade and I wasn't paying full price. Now that I have one, I will never ever not. LOL.

I don't have problems with my service either...

Rebecca said...

Hey Keith - thanks for the tip! I do believe I can live with a B for a phone. :) I can't wait to try it out....

Rebecca said...

Hey Susan -
I know, Keith is the first one I've heard who's had good results...but, he's also a user - which is a good thing. Most people who have told me no - returned it within the first two days, so...

Two of my friends that don't have the Iphone but have AT&T or Sprint have bigtime phone issues. All the time. Mostly struggle in the Saugus, Wakefield - and Tewksbury area. I'll have to check it out and see, but I'm excited anyway. :)