Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"I thought I heard your voice yesterday..."

I don't think I've ever taken this much time off of writing here. Unless I was on vacation - then I may have taken a week. But to be home and not write? That my friends, is unheard of.

However, I am working at home this week and that is something that as a result of my being on crutches and being unable to just run and do things that I need to around the house, it's much more time consuming than I had anticipated. See, my work laptop is not wireless; the office I work for doesn't approve of them so I have to have it plugged into my router - which is on the second floor. Now if I go downstairs to make a cup of coffee, and start carrying it upstairs (which is quite the chore with crutches might I add...) and realize that I forgot a napkin to bring with me (one never has a cup of coffee without a napkin. What if it spills..?) it's a relatively big ordeal. Because I can't just turn around and go get it. No, I have to finish my walk to my desk and put the coffee down, and then venture back to go downstairs to get it.

However, this does make for a very active day. I am by no means just sitting around all day. I am still keeping up with the house and laundry, albeit at a slower pace. Truthfully, it really hasn't afforded me many topics to blog about. But today, I may have enough to share outside of the vague ramblings that I have hopefully just entertained you (someone, anyone?) with.

1. The Dodgers say they will continue their pursuit of Manny. Well isn't he the stud playing hard to get. You have got to be kidding me.

2. Kelly Ripa is my new body idol. Okay, I know that sounds crazy - we all see her in the magazines and she's obscenely thin. But today for the first time in about a year, I actually caught a glimpse of her onscreen doing the "Regis & Kelly" show, and she looked amazing. Her arms were jacked. Not skinny, but ripped and strong - and her face did not look gaunt. She looked fabulous. Once I'm cleared to work out again, this girl is going to have that girls' upper body in mind. Her legs, well - I have decent legs of my own, I'll keep them. My arms are okay too - but the goal is to try to acquire a look similar to her guns.

3. Over the weekend, I actually had to sit still and not move which allowed me to watch some shows I'd never seen before and now love. HGTV is my new best friend. So now, when annoying Rachel Ray comes on Food TV, I can just watch House Hunters or Design by Color - or maybe just rewatch over and over again the dream home in Sonoma that I've been trying to win. Good stuff...

4. Not only have I not blogged - but I have not read blogs either. One would think that with all that time over the weekend and working at home that I would; but truthfully, I had wonderful friends visit me over the weekend incase I needed help (or company to watch tv with); and as I mentioned, working from home I'm busier and doing more than if I was working at work so social interaction doesn't come into play, except for the occasional Facebook posting. So, after I post this I am off to read some of my very favorites. I feel so out of the loop.

5. I haven't been all that hungry since the surgery. I know that has nothing to do with anything outside of coincidence. However when I do eat - it's been in complete indulgence -- things that I haven't eaten in years - or try not to eat in general. (Um, note to self: smoked cheddar popcorn is a bad, bad thing. I'm almost ashamed of myself, eating the whole oversized bag. Yes, that is one move I will definitely regret in the morning.....). I did just mention the whole Kelly Ripa body idol thing, right? Right....

Hope to have far more exciting and interesting thoughts for tomorrow.
Until next time....

3 comments:

Suldog said...

"House Hunters" rocks! MY WIFE and I watch that a few times a week.

~**Dawn**~ said...

6 days til pitchers & catchers. SIX. I'm practically turning inside out with anticipation!!

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well and that you'll be up and back to normal soon.