Friday, February 13, 2009

Hey, good lookin....whatcha got cookin...?

Not much around here, unfortunately.

Seems my oven died the other night. I've never in my life heard of such a thing, and yet - it's happened to me. It's the oven that came with the house - so it's 10 years old....though I've only lived here for 5.

I was making dinner the other night - and was grilling my steak tips, but roasting my carrots and red peppers. I wondered why I wasn't really smelling them, but didn't give it much thought. So, about 10 minutes before dinner should've been ready, I open the oven - and surprise! It's cold. The lights on the stove itself showed it was on, and the digital readout said "475". Yet, if it was room temperature - I'd have been surprised.

So, I tested it to see if it was just a component of the oven - or the whole thing; I placed it on "broil". Sure enough...no flame. Dead as a doornail. It worked perfectly fine the night before? I'm not sure what would cause it to suddenly not work - but that's irrelevant now I suppose.

This is the only appliance in my kitchen I didn't upgrade - therefore it's the only one that isn't stainless. I didn't upgrade it because, well - it worked - and was a high power oven, so I had no reason to replace it. But now.....

Mama can get a new double oven stove.
Such as this one....



(Caveat: this is just a graphical example...not the exact one I want.)

I'd love, love, love a double wall oven - but I don't have the room for one, not without completely overhauling my kitchen, And the truth of the matter is, why bother? Once I move - the next house will have everything I want anyway, so....a new oven with a second oven will work for me.

Because if you know anything about me...you know, that this girl is all about the food.

The downside to all this, is that I won't be getting a new stove in the immediate future. Just because this is the busy month of bills for the business, so... we have to wait a bit. Grilling and cooktop it will have to be.

But what I'm most disappointed about, is that the soiree I had planned for next Saturday has to be postponed. What's a girl to do?

1 comment:

Susan said...

Buy a used one on Craig's List or a convection oven. That's what I would do.