Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Don't get me wrong....I love her.


Okay, so I've been on Team Aniston long before Brad Pitt dumped our girl.

I love Jennifer Aniston - and everything about her. Even when I was madly in lust with her ex-husband, I liked her so much that I wasn't even disappointed when they got engaged. I wanted to see the Golden Couple of Hollywood ride into the sunset together, happily ever after.

Here's what I don't get though.
What is the big deal about her turning 40? Isn't that a milestone that we will all hit in life, eventually?

I know she's beautiful and in great shape...but, so what?
She's a freaking celebrity. It's her job to be like that. Her life consists of jet setting around the country to work a few hours a month on a movie set. She's primped, dressed, tanned, hair done and fawned over during the time. Her off time, is spent vacationing and jetsetting with celebrity friends and living la vida loca. Where's the shock at her looking fabulous at 40?

Here's a concept...
Let's have the media go ballroom blitz over an average woman, who's 40 and fabulous. A woman who works, is a mom -- doesnt' have time to have botox, spray tan, take yoga 2 hours a day/7 days a week. Someone who doesn't have a personal chef, or celebrity friends, or money to burn. How about taking a moment to celebrate women who are beautiful, and real examples of what a woman who is 40 lives life in today's society.

I mean, seriously - someone who's biggest problem isn't their who they are dating. Real women, real lives - real problems: mortgages, bills, children, and little to no time for her self. Why doesn't every search engine, Facebook ad, MySpace pop up and news channel focus on a different woman turning 40, every day?

What are the chances of that happening, I wonder?
(And not in that fake, condesecending Oprah "once a year episode" kind of way. I mean real sincerity.)

It's amazing how skewed the perception of reality is nowadays.

3 comments:

TheDreadedGug said...

Dr. Stranglove himself will be turning forty in one short month. He still feels that he is quite a hottie...and he doesn't use Botox. Ever.

Anonymous said...

She may have more problems than just who she is dating and I think it probably takes more than a few hours a month to make a movie. I think there is alot of sincerity in the world. You just have to choose to look for it.

Rebecca said...

Hey Dr. Strangelove -- no need for Botox. Clearly, as your profile picture shows... not a wrinkle to be seen. :)

Hi Joan!
Thanks for commenting! Oh, I know she does, and it does take more than a few hours a month to make a movie - and it's a career field I'd have killed to be in. It's not a tough life to lead though....

Truly, I adore the girl - and my comments were more tongue in cheek, mostly because everywhere I turned yesterday it was about her turning 40. There's just a little more to life than Jennifer Aniston, which really was the crux of my point.

Welcome, I hope you visit again soon. :)