Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thoughts for Tuesday....

1. ARod is in ALot of trouble. I wish I could hear his press conference in work. He really didn't think this PR spin through last week, and gave such weak and wishy washy answers - it's going to be an absolute feeding frenzy when he meets the media. I hate to say it - but I can't wait. It's not that I want to see him squirm.....okay, so maybe I do....but it's more about how the situation gets handled in general. Interesting psychological warfare indeed.

2. I am so irritated that I've got this cold. Everyone you talk to is sick, with some sort of malaise. And I've tried to so hard to stay healthy, and avoid running ragged so that I could hopefully go the winter without an instance of not feeling well. So much for that! I definitely think not eating right has something to do with it, because since my surgery - I haven't been eating right at all. I've been over indulgent in sodium and I do think that has something to do with it. Oh - and wine too. I think I've had more wine in the last three weeks than in the last three years; Saturday night when I was really teetering on the edge with this cold, I had a glass of delicious wine with my sushi - and I think that was it. My resistance was lowered to begin with, and the alcohol pushed me to the edge.

3. Physical therapy is progressing nicely. So nicely that I'm debating trying to do yoga in the next two weeks. That in of itself would make me feel better! I have much better mobility these days...going up stairs is becoming more of a normal gait -- downstairs, well that will take some time. But I'm allowed to use the bike for 5-7 minutes each day now, so that's encouraging!

4. I'm not over the top with weight gain. So, I cautiously stepped on the scale and was happy to see I'm only 5lbs heavier than I was in October when I hurt my knee to begin with. Considering I've been overly indulgent and less than mobile - that is good to see. Sure my shape isn't the same, but with minimal additional weight, once I am able to get exercising again, I should be back to my normal self in no time.

5. My new stove is coming tomorrow and I can not be more excited. I haven't been able to cook, and while I've been creative with grilling -- you certainly can't grill chocolate chip cookies for the kids, or monkey bread! I really wanted to make a turkey this weekend, and I was so disappointed that I couldn't. You know, that's always the way - when you've got the oven - you do nothing with it. Well, not nothing - I cook all the time, but once it's gone.....a cooking extravaganza is just burning inside of you to take place. Sour grapes at it's finest.

6. Facebook rocks. I love it. And I just got an email saying I was tagged in an elementary school photo, which I'm so disappointed I can't see while in work! I can only imagine.....

1 comment:

Suldog said...

Ah, yes, A-Rod. Big ol' heap of trouble. Heh.