Thursday, February 19, 2009

Good things come to those who wait....

I always say "everything happens for a reason".
I firmly believe that. Sometimes we don't always see it in the immediate, but in retrospect it often tends to pull together and make sense.

In the past two years, I've had some really close moments with business ventures. Opportunities that were THIS close to coming to fruition, and then for whatever reason -- fall through at the last minute. The last one I was working on, was possible - albeit a ton of work - but plausible for immediate takeover. But it didn't feel right; it was rushed and forced - and when someone does that to me, I pull back. I won't be forced into making a decision that isn't well thought out. A risk I'm all game for - but it must be a calculated one.

As a result of that not happening - the very morning that the decision was made to opt out -- another one landed in my lap. Literally....

The ball is now rolling, and for the first time -- there is no real uphill battle to fight.

Almost.
This is a previously dry community, that is now - accepting liquor license applications. So there is competition for the first one. That is an obstacle without doubt. However...

The space is retail ready. The landlord wants us, so negotiations are under way. The community has expressed wanting a business such as what we presently have and the model we want to expand to. It's seeming as if we are lined up for success.....

Everything isn't always as they seem though. And that is a thought that I will carry with me until I have better information.

But....it's encouraging.
And allowing for optimism.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Good luck! I'll contribute a prayer.

Susan said...

You're welcome! LOL.