Tuesday, March 17, 2009

If it ain't broken.....please don't fix it!

So, I understand that the kids that run Facebook want to "own" what we put out there.
And while I disagree with it, whatever -- it is what it is. Once you place something on the internet for everyone to see, it's not really "yours" anymore anyway. I highly doubt anyone is going to use the photos of my family and I to make any money. They're not exactly professional stock photos. So, I can deal with that.

What I can't deal with -- is the new layout. It makes my head hurt everytime I open it. The font's too large -- I feel like everyone is yelling. There's no real clear dissemination of information on my Wall page versus my "Home" page. My status updates are no longer separated in style from the comments that people place on my Wall. The Home page is busy, confusing and hard to follow. Truthfully, I don't like seeing everyone's conversations; you only get to see pieces of them and then you want to see the rest - and truly, it's none of my business. If they wanted to include me in their conversations, they would!

It's become more like Twitter in a very ugly and inconvenient way -- which, note to the creators of Facebook -- I left Twitter because I don't like it's format, or the lack of personal, one-on-one interactivity. Facebook was a far better networking product. (Note the past tense.) Performance is down, notifications are sluggish at best -- and it's painful to look at it. Aesthetically speaking -- it's awful; and the usability has gone for relatively simple to mind boggling.

What was the point?
What the heck were they thinking?!?!

3 comments:

Suldog said...

Eh. I won't ever be a habitual user of Facebook or Twitter or any of them, mostly because I'm so wordy. Folks who visit me on Blogger have time for my words, but almost nobody at those places will even look twice at 1,500 words.

Rebecca said...

I hear ya Suldog. Though you can post your blog posts on Facebook.... :) I miss visiting your blog.... I hardly ever get to blog surf... :(

chesneygirl said...

I so completely agree, Rebecca!

...the reason it's more like Twitter, is because that was their goal. I heard a news story about it. I use Twitter, it's okay - but I liked Facebook WAY Better. I don't know why they would want to be like something else, what's wrong with originality???

..and Myspace is now killing themselves to be more like Facebook. Go figure.