Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This is my story, and I'm sticking to it....!

1. A friend in work introduced me to a new tea, that is absolutely delicious. And given the fact that I've got yet another cold (third one in 6 weeks? What the heck is going on??) it feel so amazingly good right now. Truth be told, I'm guessing that it's delicious because my taste buds are very, very dull at the moment. It's Green Tea with Pomegranate. It's pink, which in of itself is fun -- and I think it seems to taste and smell delicious. The only downside is that there were some tea grains at the bottom of my cup which I didn't care for; I like nothing at the bottom of my cup. It spoils my drinking experience. If I've got a cup of instant coffee, I dread seeing grains at the top that didn't dissolve or melt. It's almost the equivalent for me, as getting a shell in my scrambled eggs. But I digress....

I'm also thinking that the reason why I've been so under the weather is partly due to the fact that this is the first time in 12, 13 years - that I haven't worked out. Even when I was pregnant with my kids, I was active -- but being less than active until just recently I think has done a number to my immune system. Good thing I'm going to try running again next week....

2. Speaking of immobility....yesterday was the first day with my normal fancy-schmancy uber high heels. We all know I'm traditionally a 3-4" heel kinda girl -- so it's been killing me to wear my Uggs or sneakers every day. Partly because - I have no pants that are tailored for a flat heel; and partly because well, I'm all about the fun shoe! It felt great....and today, I'm wearing heels again and the soreness my quad felt was worked out at physical therapy yesterday. Today was truly the first morning I woke up and completely forgot about my knee. It feels almost, normal. (Note to Lugo enthusiasts -- I don't see how he'll be back in 4 weeks. Even with 24 hour physical therapy, I'd be surprised to see him running and cutting angles in 4 weeks if he truly tore his meniscus. Just sayin'....)

3. Business plans are still moving along. The lease is being negotiated as we speak - though I don't think there's any real sticking points to it, so it's just a matter of the license being announced for competition, hopefully. Then, the games will begin!

4. All's quiet on the western front....life is relatively calm and quiet right now, and that's a great thing. The bedroom is re-arranged and the television has been hung; I've got a new comforter set coming in to give the room a face lift of sorts. I wasn't able to rearrange it as I’d wanted to a few months back, truly the knee prevented me from doing much of anything. But now, I just need a few décor items and that's it. It looks larger, there's better utilization of space -- and the room appears darker now in the morning because the windows are behind us, rather than on us. It makes it a bit harder to get up during the week, but great for trying to sleep past 6:30 on the weekend. (and I've gotta be honest - the large screen tv is pretty sweet.)

And this, is what's going on in this girl's world...for now.

1 comment:

chesneygirl said...

I wear 3-4" heels every single day too!! I own very few pairs of pants that are tailored for a flat heel too ... so I would be in BIG trouble if I was in your situation.

So glad you're able to wear heels again. I would die if I had to go without! :)