Thursday, March 26, 2009

Un Soiree de Printemps…

I am quite excited for this weekend.
I've got some girls coming over on Saturday for a Spring brunch; it's a small, intimate group of friends that cross over different areas of my life -- and it's helped me discover that I need a much bigger house. I would have loved to have opened it up to all of my girlfriends; but I just don't have the room. So, I kept it small and intimate; and each time I host one of these, I invite different girlfriends which is always a lot of fun.

In my dream house, we'd be eating outdoors in a covered gazebo or lovely outdoor covered patio amongst the birds.... (it is a Spring brunch, after all....).
Should the weather be inclement -- we'd be eating indoors in my graciously sized dining room, that seats 24 comfortably. Or buffet style, that would allow for more than 24 to visit and eat indoors comfortably.
(I really need a house geared towards entertainment.)
At the same time, I do truly enjoy small and intimate.

That aside, we'll be indoors in my house (which really is very nice, I shouldn't be complaining) at my dining room that seats 10-12.
Two of my girlfriends had birthdays this week.... so, I'm definitely getting birthday cake for them -- and they aren't expecting it so that will be fun.

Menu du jour will be....
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Irish Bangers
Baby Spinach, Bacon and Cave Aged Gruyere Quiche (Oh. My.... that should taste fabulous, can't wait.)
Spiral Ham w. brown sugar & pineapple
Fusili w/ shrimp & rosemary
Green & white asparagus decorated w/ edible flowers. (Think Spring!)
Salad w. almonds & blueberries
Fruit salad
Coffee Rolls
.....and of course, Mimosas.

Did I mention that I love to cook?

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

OMG Rebecca, that menu sounds divine! You've got to pass over some of those recipes. Hopefully, they will translate to a girl who is not much of a cook! And what are Irish Bangers???

Rebecca said...

LOL, they will I'm sure. :)

Irish Bangers are an Irish breakfast sausage. They look like an Italian sausage but they don't take nearly as long to cook. You either boil them or pan fry (which is what I did.) Then I baked them to warm them (I made them a night in advance). They're a lighter, healthier breakfast sausage - and truly perfect for my Spring brunch! :)

Any thing you want a recipe for, let me know. SUPER easy.