Friday, March 13, 2009

When you believe in things that you dont understand, then you suffer...superstition aint the way...

It's Friday the 13th... (enter music from Psycho here).

And my question for today is...... what good luck will the day bring for you? Or rather, what good things are you going to bring unto yourself on this day? Make it a point to turn the negative - to a positive.
(Hence my personal quote to live by, courtesy of Miss Edie Brickell circa 1988 -- "I am filling in the negative space with positively everything...")

Listen, I'm as superstitious as the next person when it comes to baseball. But when it comes to life in general, I just don't believe the hype.

I welcome black cats to cross my path. (Actually, black cats are my favorite kind of cat in all the world. Especially the long haired variety.)

If there's a ladder in my way - I walk under it. I made a game out of stepping on cracks.... didn't hurt my mother's back one bit.

If a mirror drops and it's broken -- I look at it. (Now, if it broke as a result of my looking at it - then I think a call to the plastic surgeon might be in order, not the voodoo doctor, if you get my drift...)

I tempt fate....I laugh in the face of mystical tragedy.
Yet I embrace magic and the possibilities of the luck that we can create for ourselves.

So do something wild today and be carefree...we create our own karma, and if you don't live life to the fullest -- then you just aren't living at all.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

In certain parts of Europe, black cats are considered lucky. I always welcome them to cross my path, and have never been disappointed in the result.