Friday, August 15, 2008

Weekend in New England....

I am so ready for the weekend. And even more ready for the plans I've got lined up.
Starting with this afternoon. I've got an "early release day" today -- and a much needed and long overdue French Manicure that is calling my name.

Afterwards, I have to pick the kiddies up at the Loop and while I'm waiting - I may have to peek around at a few shops. But I must be good because there is time for shopping later in the weekend. I think I'll surprise the kids and take them for dinner someplace, maybe eat outdoors if it's nice out. Then tonight, it's all sorts of paperwork "stuff" for me...

Tomorrow is the much anticipated Tomato & Corn Festival at our favorite farm. The kids are hanging on every word the weather reporters are saying. So fingers crossed that the rain will avoid the Concord area tomorrow afternoon.

And then I'm praying the weather avoids the Fenway area tomorrow night, as it's two Sox tickets that are sitting in this girl's hot little hands....

Sunday, I will have to contain my happiness and excitement as I hear the angels choir when we arrive at our final destination for this weekend: the Wrentham Outlets. (Insert the angels singing HERE.) School shopping is upon us, and places like The Childrens Place, Carters and Gap Kids are beckoning me.

Places like Ann Taylor, Williams-Sonoma and Coach are beckoning me as well, but you know how it goes -- Moms always come last on the shopping list...

4 comments:

Thomas said...

What is the difference between a "French Manicure" and an typical manicure?? Also, enjoy the Sox game this weekend! I'm envious, even though I've been to 3 games already this season. ;)

Go Sox!!!

Good luck to P. Bird on his first start with the team tonight.

Rebecca said...

Hey Thomas - Great question.
Most of you boys wouldn't know this. A typical manicure is truly just the service of having your hands treated to a manicure treatment; a French Manicure is a style of nail polish that is done to look natural.

I'm all about either really deep rich colors, or the natural look. I couldn't wait to get the horrible pastel pink off my nails! They look much better now!

Susan said...

I'll be at Wrentham on Sunday too! Holy crap, we should meet up for coffee. I'm going with my friend Dianne!

Rebecca said...

So funny! It will be the family on parade....even my brother in law is coming. I'll send you a text, maybe we can sneak in a coffee...

How was dinner last night?