Sunday, August 17, 2008

All that and a bag of chips...

I have to say, I've made something for dinner tonight that is so flipping good - I wanted to share it with the blogosphere. But first...

Today was the shopping extravaganza at Wrentham. I managed to hold back somehow, and only bought two things for myself: these great Ugg Flip Flops for a mere $25.00; and a perfume by BVULGARI that my cousin turned me onto this past fall which I love, love, love. And, to have only paid $32.00 for the eau du parfum is quite the score. There was a Coach bag there that was not just calling but screaming my name. $208 with 40% off...but I will wait until my October jaunt back to buy a bag I think. That will be a birthday gift to myself, possibly.

You just never know who'll you see when shopping, and I ran into Glitter and Flutter! We texted and chatted for a few minutes before parting ways so that they could finish their shopping - and we could finish ours.

Okay, the dinner recipe.
I'm calling it "Turkamole". It's a turkey salad with a twist -- and it is so yummy.

I had made a 15lb turkey on Thursday and had leftovers that I needed to use. So I had a good amount of meat left to use. So start with using left over turkey meat....

Shred it with a fork and knife, but keep it chunky. Season it however you like. (I used salt, pepper and garlic powder. Fresh garlic would be too overpowering for this meal.) Chop one small white or vidalia onion and mix in. Take a few grape tomatoes, however many you like - and slice in half. Mix them in. Taste and season again if needed. Then, take fresh cilantro and mix in. (I like a lot of cilantro - do it to taste) Take two avacados and chop them up so they're chunky. Douse them with fresh lime juice. Mix into the turkey mix. Take 1 TSP of Lemonaise, and blend well. Squirt lime juice over the top - and then refrigerate.

Serve ontop of a heap of lettuce that has salsa lightly over it.

It was awesome. Truly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about making a turkey this weekend, but thought it would feel funny (and hot) with Fall still over a month away. The turkey salad sounds good though.

Susan said...

Funny running into you as well. I'm glad we were able to say hello!

Esperanza said...

It was great meeting you! By the way, I had to walk away from Coach too. Haha.