Thursday, August 07, 2008

Captains Log: Star date, 08078

Okay so I'm not a real Captain but this is my gig, so...

Yes, I really did grow up on Star Trek and once considered myself to be a "trekkie". That is up until I saw "The Wrath of Khan". That movie to me was the ultimate Star Trek movie and I have yet to watch another one since. I even named my last Doberman on his AKC papers "Wrath of Khan". It was a Star Trek litter so clearly I couldn't resist.

Life as a Mom is never lacking dull moments.
Today I spent my day at Children's yet again with my daughter. All's well that ends well fortunately, and hopefully this will by my last visit to the Children's Hospital ER for a long, long time. This was my third visit in three weeks -- there's that "theory of threes" again.

As I was up at 3:30 this a.m. watching ESPN, I saw the announcement about Bret Favre being sent to the NY Jets. I hope the Jets fans start saying their "Hail Mary's" now - because they're sure to be seeing alot of them this season. Not sure that Chad Pennington would ever play back up but if he'd entertain the idea....might not be a bad pickup for the Pats.

You know what would be a good pick up for me?
A deep tissue massage and maybe a good dose of yoga.

Neither of which is going to be readily available to me I don't think.

So I'll take a good night's sleep during the interim.

But definitely something to look forward to...

5 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

With Pennington's inability to stay healthy, I think back up may be just about the only option he has left.

Oh & I could watch Favre throw Hail Mary passes all day because when he connects? There is no prettier sight in football. That & the joy on his face when he plays. About the only thing to rival that is a fired up Bruschi or Brady-to-Welker (my personal Patriots favorite).

Hey do we know if Junior Seau is coming back this season? I can't find anything that even mentions his name one way or the other.

Rebecca said...

Hey Dawn,
Junior is still up in the air as of yesterday... I hope he does though!!

Cheryl said...

Random comments:

Oh, I especially hope your little girl is okay, and that you don't spend any time in ER ever again, much less in a long time.

Me too, on the Star Trek thing.

I usually read you on my reader, and haven't clicked over to see the oh-so-sexy new profile pic. :)

And last but not least, re. your latest comment at my place: someday maybe I'll move your stuff around for laughs. If I ever make it out your way, I would definitely want to say hello in person!

Buggie said...

give me Star Trek: TNG over the original show ANYDAY!!!

And the Jets are going to have to dump Pennington, if for nothing else, salary cap reasons. I know the guy sign a big contract a couple of years ago, didn't he?

Rebecca said...

Cheryl -
I'm totally using your meme for today's post. :)

And thanks on the pic! LOL, I hadn't planned for it to be that way truly, I snapped it before we headed out for breakfast one morning for funsies -- and figured, it was the most recent one I had. :) Sexy, eh? I'll take it! :)

Tommy -
Oh no, I'm a classic Star Trek girl all the way.