Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy End of Summer....

Today I took the kids to a really nice craft show at the Topsfield Fair Grounds; it's put on by Castleberry Fairs - and I had taken them last Labor Day, but since we're otherwise obligated this Labor Day, today was the perfect time to go.

We had a great time - it's a dog friendly place so the kids get to pat tons of dogs which they love. We even got to see Brandy the Doberman, who we remembered from last year! She's a totally sweet girl who loves kids.

We also got to see some of our favorite vendors - as well as some new ones! And we bought lots of great things, so I'm going to give a shout out to some of my favorites from today, whom I highly recommend you try. Two of them I wrote about last year as well - with one new one that I am now loving and can't wait to buy more products from.

Support your local small businesses!!

1. Tyler's Sweet Revenge: These are by far the best jams we've ever had. We bought the Jalapeno, Heavenly (pears, strawberry, peach and pineapple....mmmm, heavenly is right!), and our very favorite of all -- Pumpkin Butter. I highly recommend you buy some online - you won't be disappointed. My son of course is just tickled because it's his name on the label.

2. La Diva Bella: Okay, she had me at "hello" with her tagline - "Because inside every woman is a Goddess.." Yes there is, Ms. Diva Bella. So anyway, I went by this booth on my way out when cash was low, so I scored at the clearance rack with yummy home made soaps for $1.00 each. Scents that I highly recommend are: Pumpkin Spice, Lavendar, Cape Ann Cottage (OMG, this one is my very favorite...) and Amber Romance. Yum....

3. Speaking of yumminess, my favorite of the day - is the same one from last year, and I swear I will find the time to have a party this year. Do You Adore Me is all custom handmade candles, creams, lotions, sprays and body butters. You can choose any of their premade scents -- or make your own! She mixes them right there on the spot, and it's custom as to how strong or how much of any scent you want. What a fantastic concept -- and they're so very reasonably priced. Talk about yummy....I bought a Hawaiian Ginger body cream and my hand smells so good even now, three hours later. I'm so having a house party this year, no more putting it off for lack of time!

So this was the beginning of my Labor Day weekend. Tomorrow, it's onto the North End for the Feast of St. Anthony. And then I'll be talking about a whole different kind of yummy....!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!