Tuesday, August 05, 2008

It's that theory of "three's" again.

I'm looking for a little clarity and definition and just when I think it's going to happen....more possibilities arrive on the horizon.

You know the old addage of "things always come in threes"...?

In a span of 5 hours yesterday:

1. The liquor license that's being negotiated has made a little headway. Still ugly, messy and in litigation -but moving forwards.

2. A retail space in the next town over that already has a built in freezer and cooler (though not a shop previously) is available in a beautiful location. Oh, and by the way -- ample liquor licenses available and the space is ready to go. So I've made an appointment to go look at it this afternoon after work. Because truly, I can't wait any longer on this lack of direction with regards to business. And I can build a shop there, the clientele would be there -- and I think it would be tres successful.

3. Just on a whim - I called on a fine wine shop that was advertised as being on the "north shore". Vague enough, right? Because I'm very specific about where I want to be, so this could've been anywhere from Gloucester to where I live. Well, come to find out -- it's that shop that we were supposed to pass papers on this past January! So...now they're with a broker, which is lousy - but still - the offer is being submitted in about an hour because one never knows. I believe that they have another offer on the table but the realtor has let us to believe that they're not sure how serious it is. So in the ring the hat is thrown....

Again -- opportunites abound....but still no lack of clarity for direction. I just want to focus on one thing, you know?

They also say "three times is a charm". And this would be our third dealing with the already existing shop.

So I'm really hoping that this is a sign that "three" is a good luck charm.

3 comments:

Buggie said...

You and the hubby just hang in there!!!

Suldog said...

Well, here's wishing you the best of luck, of course. You know my belief - God will put you where you need to be. Go with it! :-)

Nichole M said...

I hope you get a sign of something very soon. It must be torture!