Monday, August 04, 2008

"Have some more chicken, have some more pie - it doesn't matter if it's boiled or fried - just eat it...."

I'm just not good at impulse control sometimes.
That's not entirely true, but honestly I felt that way this weekend.
I am in serious need of some detoxification.

Friday night, I went out for Mexican with one of my girlfriends -- and I swear, it was if I'd never seen food before. Two baskets of chips and salsa, guacamole live (which truthfully, I ate most of myself!) and ultimate fajitas. Which, we split - much to my dismay at first. When the plate came out I thought "hmm. I think we might need another one of those..." and while I did eat three fajitas completed loaded with everything under the sun -- we did actually have food left over so it was a good call to split. I never really get to go and eat Mexican so when I do -- it's like, another vulture spying roadkill moment.

Saturday, wasn't much better. After hitting the craft store with another girlfriend and the kids we went to lunch. Buffalo chicken tenders for an appetizer. Sure, I got a healthy salad for lunch but you know - the key lime pie I ate for dessert threw that all out the window.

But yesterday was the kicker. After going out for Japanse steak house dinner, where I not only had a lovely sushi roll for an appetizer and seared tuna with all the fixings for my meal -- later that night, while I wasn't hungry for dinner, I did manage to devour a whole box of Monterey Jack Cheezits. Not a few. Not a handful. The whole box.

Needless to say my sodium levels are probably through the roof. I'm sore to the touch today!

This is why I don't eat Doritos. I don't eat a few. I eat a bag.
Pizza? I don't eat a slice or two. I eat the whole damn thing. Sometimes two if I'm really hungry.

And it's not that I can't afford to do it, because truthfully I can.
It's just that I feel so lousy afterwards that it just truly isn't worth it.

2 comments:

Nichole M said...

I always come to the same conclusions, too. I've done it so often, in fact, that *while* I'm doing said bad deed, I remind myself over and over... "You're going to regret this later."

So why do we keep doing it?!?!?! >:-[

Perfect title for the post, btw.

Buggie said...

A whole box of Cheezits? Just thinking about that makes me want to puke.

Of course, when your Red sox swept my Cardinals in 2004, I went home after the game and cried through a whole box of Double stuff Oreos and a half gallon of milk.