Friday, August 22, 2008

TGIF....!

This morning, before I left for work - I caught the tail end of "Reverse the Curse" - the updated version from 2004 after we won the World Series. It still gets me choked up watching the Yankees series. And of course, winning the World Series. Every single player contributed to making that magic happen. It was truly something awesome to see...definitely a great way to start the weekend.

I know I raved about Jason Mraz - and his latest cd is awesome, though I much prefer his acoustic versions of songs. That being said, I did pick up the latest Gavin Degraw cd - and I love, love, love it. My favorite tracks: Cheated on Me, and Young Love. I was absolutely addicted to his first cd (acoustic version) the same way --I played it incessently. I still play it in work from time to time. I think I had it in my SUV for a year before I could bear to part with it from my commute. Anyhow - this latest cd is amazing from the first song to the last. The only two I don't care for are Next to Me, and Relative. But who knows, they may grow on me...

What's cooking this weekend? Let's see....tomorrow my sister and I are heading out to a flea market with the kids, and then with the weather projected to be so warm - for a little swimming afterwards at her mother in law's pool. Sunday, I have a baby shower for my sitter to go to - and after that, not really sure what's in the game plan. It's the last weekend before school starts, so I'm sure we'll do something fun.

My final thought for this gorgeous Friday afternoon is this....
"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it."- Albert Schweitzer

No comments: