Saturday, April 05, 2008

Spring Cleaning!




I don't know if it's because it's warmer out...maybe because I just love to clean, but I have been a cleaning fool this afternoon. Reorganizing things and the like. We all know that cleaning is one of my neurotic pasttimes, so this shouldn't really be overly shocking. As I was browsing through Walgreens at what fun new cleaning products might be available -- my eyes fell upon the NEW
Halloway Quick Shine, as seen on television.

Suddenly, the commercial flashed before my eyes...to be able to have all of my floors be shiny as if they were still wet from being washed -- how could I refuse? Seems to me that is an $8 well spent. With my heart beating with excitement, I drove home and could not wait to get started. I even bought a new mop specifically for this product, and this product alone.


The photo above is what they say the floors look like using their product. Ok, the real deal is this.... while the floors are definitely shinier, they don't quite look like the photo above. Those photos were clearly taken while the floors were still wet. I used this on my tile floors, as well as my older hardwoods. Those are 10 years old, so the lacquer isn't as bright as my newer hardwood floors (those I didn't opt to do) - and they definitely look brighter, or at least smoother. My tile floors have a sheen to them as well. I used it twice on my hardwood -- probably only needed to use once, but thats okay. I also will put a second coat on my tile, just for funsies.


While it isn't exactly what the commercial brags that it is -- for $8, it's a decent enhancement and addition to my collection.

If you try it - let me know what you think.


No comments: