Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Serious lack of attention today....

I have no interest for work today.  Zero.  Of course this might have something to do with the fact that I'm entirely under utilized and not challenged.  As I've mentioned previously, I have no patience for complacency -- most especially when it's me who's being complacent.  I like to be busy, and I'm at my best when I'm feeling as if I've accomplished something.  Not everyone feels that way - and many are willing to just coast through life.  Not this girl…!


I've been very unimpressed with music lately.  There have not been any new songs that have really made me say "wow, I'm loving this".   I'm not sure why, but it seems that music is very cyclical, and sometimes there's such great new music I don't know what to listen to first; and then other times, such as now - there seems to be a drying of the well.   So, if anyone has any musical recommendations that you think might excite me, please feel free to pass them along.  I'd be most appreciative.


Yesterday's game was a lot of fun, great seats - about 18 rows behind home plate.  So funny, I was sitting directly behind Dennis Drinkwater - you know, the guy who's behind home plate on just about every single home game played.  Of course, I was 18 rows behind him - but still.  It was so funny!  And, he really does look a lot like Robert Redford.  The only downside to yesterday's game -- I was in such amazing seats, and yet neither Jason nor Manny played.  I was beyond bummed.  Jason, Jason, where for art thou, Jason? 


Watching the marathon was very inspiring.  Some of these folks made it look so easy, I was thinking "I could totally do that!".  *Note to self:  No, you really could not.*  However, it did certainly make me miss running a bit - and I'm back on the track tomorrow.  I should be back up to speed in time to run the Mother's Day race with no problem.  We walked just shy of 3 miles from Fenway back to my car on the Hill, and so that helped burn off the most delicious breakfast had at the Paramount.  Whole Grain Texas Style French Toast with Fresh Fruit.  Oh yeah……. Sort of makes me hungry just thinking about it.


And on that note, I think I need to get up from my seat and go for a walk outside to clear my head.  Without my keys nearby of course, otherwise I just couldn't promise that I'd make it back to my desk…



2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I have always wondered who that was!! On tv, he always looks kind of like Jerry Springer to me for some reason, but I just did a search on him, and he doesn't look like Jerry up close. LOL!

Lys said...

I have the same issue at the 9to5 which can make for very long days indeed. :(