Friday, April 25, 2008

Needles and Pins....

So, I've mentioned this before but today I'm taking an active stance towards doing something about my headaches.   This is the third day that I've had a borderline migraine - and I know that this week anyway -- it's all related to the barometric pressure; but it is so not fun to deal with.  Headaches for me, come in different shapes and sizes, depending on the cause.  This week, it's been like a white hot searing pain that shoots from the rear quadrant of my head on the right side, to over my eye.  Often, making me say "Ow" aloud, uncontrollably.  I feel as if I'm suffering from Turrets when that happens.  (So not a funny joke, but seriously - the reaction to the discomfort makes my response almost involuntary!)


I suffer from migraines pretty regularly, but I have noticed that since I stopped running and taking yoga as frequently as I used to - they've increased in frequency.  Which sort of makes sense since I'm not releasing the toxins in my system as frequently either.  See, the downside to always working out and eating well, is that when you stray from it - your body is much more sensitive to the "bad stuff"-- and you really feel the affects afterwards.


I'm a little nervous about acupuncture, only because I have such issues about needles.  But I believe in acupuncture as a treatment - I know plenty of people who go and love it.  I just don't want to be so tense that it's counterproductive for me.  But as soon as I hit "send" and email this post in, I am calling the woman that my yoga instructor (and friend) recommended to me.  It's got to be done.  It's got to be tried.  And I'm hoping it works…


This weekend is looking very busy!  I'm hoping to take 100 minutes of yoga tonight after work -- but not before I run.  It's been some time and I need to get back in that groove, so working out and yoga are on tonight's agenda.  Then hopefully my headache will have subsided some and I can enjoy and relax with the kids.  Tomorrow is baseball, bright and early - fortunately no dance this week -- but then right to the soccer field.   We'll be on the move from 10 - 6 tomorrow.  Oh - and I just remembered, we have dinner plans for after soccer as well.  Japanese steak house with my son's friend and his parents.    Sunday, maybe a little Canobie Lake Park action - weather permitting of course.

Whew.  I'm tired already, and the weekend hasn't even started!  No, maybe that's this flipping headache talking. 

I know, I know… I'm off to call "Ms. Natalia" now!!



2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I will be going to see the Sox play in Tampa on Sunday! Yippee! =)

Rebecca said...

Dawn that's awesome!!! :) Very envious...

My parents live in Tampa and I'm always toying with flying down for a game... one of these days it will happen. I'll let you know - maybe we'll catch up there!