Tuesday, April 01, 2008

So, I may be entirely dating myself here but....

New Kids on the Block are back together! 
Hold on to your socks, you thirty something girls out there….the original Boy Band of the 80s and 90s is back!
Hot of the presses this morning was an article about the upcoming reunion of sorts with the five Boston boys.
Though I did my best to play as if I didn't pay them much mind when they first came out - by the summer I graduated high school, I had to admit that I dug them.



Yes, I have to say - Donnie Wahlberg was my favorite.  (My redhead fascination rearing it's head!!)   I loved, loved, loved his ripped/frayed jeans.  He was their "bad boy".  I never had the pleasure of meeting him though. 


I did meet Joey McIntyre one time at the Arsenal Mall in Watertown; my girlfriend and I were going in -- and he was leaving -- and she dated his older brother briefly, so we chatted and said hi.  That was pretty cool.


I also met Jordan Knight one time at Axis in Boston.  It was after one of the Kiss Concerts they (NKOTB) performed at -- and he was there with some of his entourage, hanging out.  He asked me to dance, and I had not quite "found my rythym" at that point -- and was not the dancer that I am today.  I was embarrassed, and admitted I couldn't dance - and he and one of his bodyguards ended up trying to teach me.  It was fun, we hung out for about 15 minutes or so - and that was it.   Clearly I didn't "wow" him with my amazing feet techniques.  Today, I can dance pretty well, but trust me when I tell you -- he dances unbelievably -- and that added to some of my intimidation.  That fact that he was Jordan Knight and absolutely beautiful in person didn't affect me; it was his unbelievable skills that sent me reeling inside with insecurity. 


I truly can't imagine them having a tour -- wouldn’t their voices have all deepened a bit more a this point?  Can Joey still sing "Please don't go girl"…?
This is going to be very interesting…..

2 comments:

Lys said...

Hmmm... Not that I'm a NKOTB fan (long long story) but glad to hear they are doing well. They were here in Orlando recording at Johnny Wright's complex (per a couple sources) but the last time I talked to them was a few years ago when Danny was living in Miami. One of my clients used to tour with them back in the day - interesting guys they are.

Martie said...

Talk about aging oneself..........I used to tell my kids to turn that stuff down when it came on the radio........LOL!