Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Swing Batter, Batter, Batter...Swing!

It's a good day in Red Sox Nation today. The sun is shining….it's gorgeous outside -- a picture perfect day for some action at Fenway.

And of course….the ring ceremony!!


Unfortunately, I don't have a television here at work to watch - and the network is blocked from streaming media so I can't watch it via internet from any sites. So WEEI it is. Of course, everyone's wondering who would be throwing out the first pitch that would give us all "goosebumps" as Tom Werner has promised. And there's a surprise singer for "God Bless America". Neil Diamond, prehaps? That would be pretty awesome. Whitney Houston would be another one -- because while "crack is whack" -- her rendition of the Star Spangled Banner during the Superbowl was absolutely the best version of that song I've ever heard. But who knows what the management of the World Series Champions has up their sleeves? I'm willing to wager that it won't be the Dropkick Murphy's...


This is going to be a tough game today. Actually - this whole month is going to be incredibly difficult I think. Yesterday was the only off day until the 28th of April - and the lineup is pretty intense. I don’t think the Japan trip is an "excuse" for not winning -- but I do think it's a legitimate reason to expect fatigue, and maybe a not as strong start to the season as could be expected had Japan not been part of the equasion. And at risk of sounding pessimistic at this tender young beginning to the season….our pitching staff isn't the strongest at the moment.


But today is not the time to focus on the future -- there's always tonight for that.
Today is the time to revel in the opening of Fenway, the ceremony of the rings….and the magic that is Red Sox baseball.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Rebecca. I'm a journalism student at Northeastern. I am doing a project about woman Red Sox fans and I was hoping that you would be willing to answer a few questions for me. Feel free to email me at k_sulli21@yahoo.com

Thank you

Rebecca said...

Hey Kelly - I just happen to be online and saw this comment pop up. Sure - thanks. :)

Suldog said...

Billy Buck!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Great, what time would work for you and what is the best way to get in touch?

Rebecca said...

Hey Kelly -
I sent you an email - did you recieve it? I'll send it again...