Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fit to be tied...and other random thoughts for the day!

1.  Continuing on my rant regarding my company from yesterday….I walked in this morning to a lovely email that sort of spoke to me as if I was a child.  I wrote back a very firm but polite email stating that I really did not appreciate being spoken to in that manner, and that we could continue the conversation offline via phone call.  Have yet to hear back, but I'm sure that I will.  My initial email was a little scathing, and was going to end in the tone of "you can take your hours and….."  But - I scaled back of course knowing full well that I'm not that kind of person.  But it felt great to write it out anyway.  Be that as it may - I did circulate my resume to 5 companies.  Three of them on base, two of them off.  We'll see...



2.  I'm beyond horrified at the story out of Austria regarding the father who kidnapped and impregnated his daughter 7 times over 24 years.   I'm sorry, he's not going to be put to death, why?  Oh, and here's the best part:  he's facing 15 years in prison.  15 years?!?!  Well, here's my suggestion for the Austrian Prison Society or whomever they are.  Put this psycho in a cell with a really big guy who likes men for 15 years.  And let him be raped, shackled and deprived of sunlight for those 15 years. Over and over again. Oh, and starved too please.   That has got to be one of the most horrific cases of torture I've ever heard of!  And it happened in the basement of his own home!!  Clearly, his wife -- not the brightest bulb in the box.  I'm sorry, but if anyone ever said to me "don't go down in the basement, ever"…hello!  I'd be down in the basement the first chance I got!!!  Curiosity killed the cat remember?  I don't care how bossy this guy was -- wouldn't you wonder what he was hiding?  Seriously.  People scare and horrify me, not just with their ghastly treatment of one another  - but with their sheer stupidity.



3.  The Red Sox Flu has really taken it's toll.  I'm sorry, but am I the only one to think that Jason has lost a tremendous amount of weight?  He was thinner looking this season anyway but now he really looks thin in the face.  This weather certainly isn't going to help if they end up playing tonight and not getting rain delayed.



4.  I watched "Knocked Up" last night - I'd never seen it before.  It was pretty flipping funny.  I was horrified by some of it, but seriously - the girl who plays Katherine Heigl's boss was a flipping riot.  It was an okay movie - had some really decent laugh out loud portions - but didn't quite live up to the hype I'd heard.  I really like her as an actress though and I can't wait to see "27 Dresses" at some point in my lifetime.



5.  This Saturday is the day I'll be participating in the 108 Sun Salutations for the Jimmy Fund.  I can not wait - and truthfully, it is just the island of concentration and dedication that I'm really in need of.  Best of all - it's for one of the best causes around.  I'm going after work today for some well needed good karma - because truthfully, whatever good vibes I had going this morning, all got sucked away.  Must.  Find.  Center.

3 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

1. Writing really is therapeutic isn't it? Even if it's just for yourself.

2. Here is a prime occasion for vigilante-ism. >=[

3. See my Sox post from yesterday.

4. I really want to see 27 Dresses too.

Suldog said...

1 - Good luck!

2 - No comment needed.

3 - Yup. They'll come out of it OK, though.

4 - Haven't seen it.

5 - Good luck!

Erin said...

108 Sun Salutations...I think I'd survive 8 and have to go take a nap. Good luck!