Thursday, January 03, 2008

Who cares if it's 9 degrees outside? I'm thinking about Spring Training!

It's not that I'm not digging this football season, because I am. However…
Though the Red Sox have not officially posted their Spring Training reporting date -- at least not that I have seen -- traditionally, catchers (um, Jason!) and pitchers report mid February. Which is…45-ish days away.

I can't wait.


I would love to buy season's tickets. Here's my issue though. I have to be honest….I'm sort of a ticket snob. If I'm going to an event -- be it a Red Sox game, a concert, a sporting event --anything that requires assigned seating and admission, I need to be as close as I can possibly be. I'm sort of spoiled that way. I know, it's a bad thing - but there are just some things that are worth the extra money. For example, a person I work with is kind enough to share some of his season's tickets seats with me. He gives me one game a year from his package of 12 or 13 -- and he's right on the first baseline. Best seats I've ever sat in because you get such an awesome perspective of the whole game. Then when I buy tickets on my own, I almost always buy in the same section or behind home plate -- or on the third baseline. I'm my own worst enemy, I know. But it's worth it. And affordable, relatively - if buying single ticket games. But to purchase season's tickets in those locations? Well, first of all - good luck finding any because very rarely do any in those sections become available; there are waiting lists a mile long. But even if they did -- they're exceptionally expensive. At the same time, to buy seats with a group of people like I used to do for the Bruins, isn't a bad thing. To split with three people would be perfect. I just don't know anyone who could afford to - or would want to - split all those games.


The trade rumors have been relatively quiet, which isn't a surprise given the holidays…but I'm thinking the Santana situation is going to arise once again, and quickly.


And didn't I read somewhere that CC Sabathia is a free agent as well…..?

2 comments:

chesneygirl said...

I totally agree! I'm a ticket-snob too!!

My brother does that... he and a good friend of his split season ticket packages for the Tigers and the Lions.
Why he wastes his money on the Lions, is BEYOND me, but whatever, it his money! ha ha ha!

clew said...

I have the worst luck with tickets. I always get nosebleeds. But a couple of the last events I attended may have ruined me ... Behind home plate FIRST ROW for a baseball game (YEA!) and then of course the sandbar for Kenny Chesney with my best friend Chesneygirl ...

Now I'm ruined too. Life was much easier when I was happy just to be there!

Happy New Year, Rebecca! xxooo