Saturday, January 19, 2008

How much fun did I have last night?

Tons.

First off, Jessica and I laughed our heads off all night long. We always have a good time together, but last night for some reason we just really enjoyed ourselves. Partly because of the magic of being at Fenway...partly because of the crowd of people we were with...and partly because well, we're just funny girls.


I've been inside Fenway Park many times; but I've never been in the park when it's closed or at the EMC Club. The sight of the park when you walk in the door from Yawkee Way was just, pretty spectacular. For someone who's never been to Fenway (like Jess), it was awesome for her. The food was fantastic. Truly very nice. I had food envy actually; I ordered the halibut and lobster, which was served with a delicious squash puree -- Jess ordered the steak, which is normally what I would order, yet didn't. The steak was about 2.5 inches thick, and though it was sirloin, was cut as if it was a center filet and truthfully, tender enough to use a butter knife to cut with. There was a delicious potato augratin square that was out of this world, and I know this because one of the girls serving us saw me admiring it on Jess' plaste -- and was nice enough to surprise me with a serving of it! So needless to say, the service was very accomodating. And Toasted Head Chardonnay as the "house" wine is a relatively decent selection; often even upscale locations will chintz on their house wine so it was a glass of wine that was enjoyable to drink.



We took a bunch of pictures - and a few I'll post throughout the week. This one I want to share today; it's a photo of myself and "El Tiante" - Luis Tiante! While I wasn't really old enough to remember him playing (I think I might have been 6 his last year with the Sox) - I certainly know who he is! And it was so very kind of him to take the time to be at this event, signing autographs and taking photos. I get that it's part of the whole "alumni" responsibility -- but he was really very funny, and kind - taking the time to chit chat with those who really gushed and went on and on -- which was really nice to watch.




4 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like so much fun!!

Peter N said...

Looooooie!!!! I remember his spinning and turning on the mound so well. You looked so happy in that pic, and so did he, but you were beaming. I haven't had a chance to say that I hope your new year will be one full of health and happiness. Peter

David Sullivan said...

I used to be Looie's paperboy in Milton, he was a Globe reader. I caught a glimpse of him a few times, but he never said Hi. You guys make a great couple.

Suldog said...

Cuz -

You were Looie's paperboy? My route went right past his house, so we must have had routes that overlapped in places. Interesting.

(Sorry to hijack the space for a family conversation.)

Great photo! Tiant belongs in the hall, by the way.