Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Starting off on the right foot...

So I've been off and running on some of my New Year's Resolutions.    Organization is a huge thing for me -- and while I'm really quite organized, I never really feel organized enough.  So yesterday, I went out and bought all new closet organizers for my closet, and the kids closets -- and went to town.  I can't get over how amazing my closet looks now.  It was neat and tidy last year when I reorganized it; but this year -- I actually organized it in a manner that it really can't become "unorganized".   What a sigh of relief that was when I was done!  I still have some more organizers that I'll pick up for some things, but generally speaking -- I went "house" yesterday.  (Clearly, pun intended!)



I'm going back to yoga this week; but not going to start running again until Monday.  I want to give my body a few days of eating right again before shocking it all at once with running.  I bravely stepped on the scale this morning, and happily discovered that I did not gain 5-7 lbs -- but only 1.5.  I just feel like I gained 5-7!  I found this really great aruyevedic detox diet that isn't radical which I will start next week.  So very simple!  Peppermint tea in the morning; steamed vegetables for lunch; snacks are fresh vegetables or fresh fruit; dinner is steamed veggies and brown rice.  Chamomile or PeppermintTea before bed.  And lots of water.  Just a little something to cleanse my digestive system after all that junk I ate.  5 days of that and I should feel like I can take on the world!



Interestingly enough, it feels great to be back at work today with everyone else.  I hate when it's quiet.  I feel like I have a purpose today!  Some people are happy when no one is in the office, or they have nothing to do.  But me?  Complacency kills me.  Sucks the life right out of me.  I am so happy when I am going full force at work.  Call me crazy, but… I can't help it. 


Confession from a one-time workaholic!  Trust me…! 



1 comment:

Susan said...

You sound like me...