Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Whew! That was close...

I'm sending a huge "thank you" to the Woburn police officer who was kind enough not to pull me over on my way to work this morning.


As I was driving (or flying) on the Commerce Way cut through to 128 (and, talking on my cell phone, truth be told) - I noticed him peeking out of a parking lot on my right -- with a speed gun. As soon as I saw him, I immediately slowed down to a crawl, put the phone down and mouthed the words "I'm sorry!" as he watched me drive by. I said to the person I was talking to "I'm so getting pulled over right now..." but fortunately -- he let me go. I'm thinking either I wasn't going fast enough over the posted speed limit for him to be concerned with (which is entirely possible - I'd find it hard to believe I was going much faster than 40MPH which is what is posted); or, he was just okay with the fact that I clearly acknowledged his presence and slowed down.



Either way -- thank you, thank you, thank you!



Latest musical "must haves" on this girl's IPOD:

Sara Bareilles. Recommendation: Skip "Love Songs", though cute -doesn't even come close to "Between the Lines". That song is nothing short of amazing.


Ingrid Michaelson. Recommendation: "Keep Breathing".


Patty Griffin. Recommendation: "MLK Song". And the ever favorite:
"Every little bit". It's a classic but so darn good.


And last, but not least - here's a picture of my friend Jess & I from Fenway Park at the EMC Club...Tampa vacation pics to come soon!

4 comments:

chesneygirl said...

OHMYGOD! I LOOOOOVE your boots!!!
What kind are they and where did you get them??? hahaha!

Great picture by the way! ;)

Susan said...

I hope you waved as you drove by my office! Lunch, soon, yes!!

Rebecca said...

Glitter - yes, I beeped! :)

And Chesney Girl - muchos gracias amiga! I think I got those at Bakers two years ago??? Yup. I'm all about the boots... ;)

Nichole M said...

We seem to have the same taste in music; love Bareilles and Michelson. I haven't heard about the third; I should check it out!