Friday, January 18, 2008

Hot, cold - and everything in between!

It is so cold in my office at work --- we have a centralized standup
spaceheater. But it's not working all that well, truthfully. I'm in a
turtleneck, jeans and boots -- and I'm so cold that I'm sweating trying
to stay warm. That awful cold sweat...ugh. And my hands, are blue.
With my "Suzi says Da" polish on my nails, my hands look
rather...corpselike!


So, my little chiquita banana head (one of my many nicknames for my
daughter) is sick. She's had a fever for three days now, and a runny
nose/cough -- I was suspicious of an ear infection. We'll be
travelling in the next week and I certainly don't want her to be
uncomfortable while we en route, so it's much better to "nip it in the
bud" so to speak. Turns out that while she doesn't have an ear
infection, she does have an upper respiratory infection -which in her
case, often leads to an ear infection - so the pediatrician placed her
on Amoxicillan. She loves the stuff, so I'm glad to know that she will
be better in 48 hours - and she will love every minute of that medicine.

So looking forward to this weekend... Tomorrow, taking it easy with the
kids -- cooking/baking for: Playoff party on Sunday. Got some friends
coming over so that should be a good time. And I'm always happy when
I'm cooking, so... Then Monday, I do believe I am going to hit the
Wrentham Outlets for a bit. Williams Sonoma...here I come! And who
knows, maybe a small Coach bag or accessory for myself. Funny, I was
talking with a friend today about my Coach gym bag -- it's total
knockoff. But I love it, it looks good and is functional - outside of
the gaping hole in the lining that tore away from the side. Well, what
do you want for $30? But at the same time, the Coach outlet has some
really great sales and bargains, so I'm thinking maybe....something
totally frivolous for me. Not a gym bag, but maybe a fun bag. We'll
see. I just have such a hard time spending a large amount of money on
something so not practical as a purse, you know what I mean? I guess
that's one of my many drawbacks....I've always been too practical. Oh
well. There are certainly worse drawbacks to be had.


And then of course tonight is the Fenway Park dinner party. So looking
forward to it. Found a perfect dress at Ann Taylor - on clearance no
less (SCORE!) - and I can't wait to wear it. You know, when you're a
girl - sometimes you can be going someplace as simple as work, or even
the corner store -- but if you're wearing an outfit you love, or a great
pair of shoes...it makes your whole day or night just...perfect.

No comments: